Thank you very much for your consideration of our residency program!
- All applicants must apply through ERAS website http://www.aamc.org/students/eras/start.htm 
- We review applications received through ERAS when the PostOffice opens
- We will only consider candidates who will be eligible for a Residency Training License in the State of North Carolina (see eligibility requirements here )
- We require a minimum of THREE Letters of Recommendation
- If you are a Foreign Medical Graduate, we require ECFMG certification
- We sponsor the following visas: H1b and J1 (Note that H1B application documents for Duke Psychiatry must be received no later than April 1st, or they will not be processed in time for residency orientation and start date. In such cases, J1 visa will be an acceptable alternative.)
- We do NOT accept COMLEX Scores in place of USMLE Scores
- Trainees must pass USMLE Step 1, Step 2CK, and Step 2CS prior to commencing their Duke postgraduate training
If you have any questions, please contact the residency office at (919) 684-2258.