Welcome to the Duke Psychiatry Education and Training Website!
Key Sections of the Website
Mission Statement | News & Announcements | Global Health | Highlights of Duke Psychiatry at a Glance | Hospital Training Sites | Resident Presentations | Quick Facts | Frequently Asked Questions - Psychiatry Programs
The mission of the Duke University Psychiatry Residency Education Program is to promote the development of post-graduate psychiatrists who will be exceptional communicators, skillful psychotherapists, highly competent practitioners, and effective leaders. Our graduates will be virtuous physicians who value lifelong learning, adhere to the highest ethical standards of the profession, and serve the community as role models.
- News Scholarly projects are being presented throughout Spring, 2013. Check out topics and scholars' photos .
- News Duke's Center for Documentary Studies presents "Documenting Medicine - Duke Resident Physicians Share Patient Stories," featuring Duke Psychiatry Residents, on June 5, 2013 from 6-8 pm. For details on the free event, and to read more about the psychiatry topics, see this page  (PDF).
- The South's Tastiest Town  -- Read about all the good food in Durham according to Southern Living magazine!
- 36 Hours in Durham, N.C. -- Read about a New Yorker's visit to Durham, NC .
- Here are good links to information on Duke and Durham , and a maps and photos of Duke and Durham 
Global Health 
For more details on Duke Psychiatry Education , please select from links on the left hand side of this page. There also are great resources about life around Duke and Durham at the links for "Living Near Duke " and for "Things To Do in Durham ".