Thank you very much for your consideration of our Geriatric Fellowship Program!
- Applying to the Duke Geriatric Fellowship Program
- NEW > What Made You Choose Duke: Interview with Geriatric Fellow, Matt Warren, MD
Applying to Duke
Required application materials
- We will only consider candidates who will be eligible for a Residency Training License in the State of North Carolina (see eligibility requirements here )
- Personal statement
- Completed Application
- Three letters of recommendation (At least one from residency training director or chair)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Medical school transcript
- Sample patient encounter note. (For purposes of legal compliance, private patient details should be de-identified.)
- USMLE (Step 1, Step 2, and Step 3) score report
- Additional documents may be requested in the future by the Graduate Medical Education office.
Please note that the program does not support any visas (only US citizens and green card holders need apply).
The Geriatric Fellowship Selection Committee will interview applicants from the summer through the fall. To accommodate special circumstances, interviews can be set up at other times during the year.
We look forward to seeing you during the coming months!
What Made You Choose Duke? An Interview with Geriatric Fellow, Matt Warren, MD
Once I decided to do a fellowship in Geriatric Psychiatry, I began with the ACGME website to see a list of all the current available programs. I was looking for one with an excellent academic reputation, a breadth of variety in training settings, outstanding teachers and access to top researchers in the field. Duke certainly met all these criteria. Furthermore, my wife and I wanted to live in a part of the country where we would enjoy being for a year but also consider staying afterwards. The Triangle area (Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill) is absolutely wonderful. It has four seasons, a low cost of living and quick access to beaches and mountains. We have sincerely enjoyed our time here.To read more of Dr. Warren's interview, please visit his interview page here .